Search This Blog

Health,Not Diet!

>> Tuesday, May 11, 2010



I HATE the word diet! Did you ever notice that the first three letters says DIE..lol that's about the truth too. God did not intend for us to diet. He says "do all things in moderation" We all want the fast fix in life but that is not what happens in eating healthy.
We did our H3 class last night on nutrition. I have never seen so many women enlightened at one time.
The one thing I say to all you who read this is (learn) what nutrition is. We automatically think nutrition is NEVER getting to eat the foods we really enjoy! That is a misnomer.The truth is YES you can.

As a matter of fact it's the only way we should eat! There are so many fad diets that have hit our country that our metabolism is so messed up its no wonder we can't lose weight. Do you know DIET soda MAKES you fat??? Well..it does!

READ CLOSELY BELOW AN ARTICLE I FOUND..

"Diet coke might possibly be affecting your appetite. A recent study on the effects of artificial sweetener on mice showed that mice given artificial sweetener ate more food than those given just sugar.
This is because your body interprets something that's sweet as having a lot of calories, so it uses up a lot of calories in anticipation. Then when the body realizes the calories it thought it was getting were just artificial sweetener, you get hungrier."
Source(s):
http://www.naturalnews.com/024558.html

The big news break is: Read labels..Do a BMI (Body Mass Index) on your height, weight) then: Get a plan of how many calories you can have per day. This should not be over whelming! You will be so surprised how much food you can have w/o feeling starved or deprived..REALLY! My last words to you are Alternative.. There is always an alternative to eating. Not going w/o. Going w/o tells your body you are in starvation mode. Eating is a wonderful way of life! More to come soon..
Bon Appétit'

7 comments:

Anonymous May 11, 2010 at 1:24 PM  

OMGosh this was by far the best health/fitness/life changing seminar I have ever been to. Made me stop by the store when I left to do some shopping so I could clean my fridge out LOL. I think the power is in knowing the truth about what we think was set up to make us fail. I have had several diet plans..not that I need them ;) and I feel as you said..They make you fat. I am now excited about knowing the truth behind what I wat thanks to H3. I look forward to our next class. Eating feels better today than yesterday!! thanks again.

~Cheryl~

Anonymous May 11, 2010 at 1:24 PM  

Thank you for sharing this wonderful information on health Pastor Gloria! I will definitely be staying away from diet soda thanks to your article. BMI here I come!

xoxo

Keti

Anonymous May 11, 2010 at 4:58 PM  

Pastor Gloria you are trutly a blessings and have so MUCH wisdom. I never knew that artificial sweetener would get you hungrier. Thanks for your blog!

XoXo,
Christina

Anonymous May 11, 2010 at 6:01 PM  

Hey! Pastor Gloria I love this new health and diet blog sooooooootrue!! I've been exercising and eating right! I believe that it is important to watch what you eat not just for women but men too!! Anyway I love ur words of wisdom......Thanks sooooomuch! love you, Angie

Anonymous May 11, 2010 at 6:17 PM  

This is such exciting news for me!!! Learning how to eat and prepare healthier meals and snacks for my family! And it can still taste good! It really is so important to take care of the body God has given us and until recently I really didn't understand how important it is to pay attention to what my family is eating! Thank you for last night's study and this blog;) Can't wait till next Monday night!! xoxo

Shawna

Anonymous May 15, 2010 at 8:54 PM  

This is an awesome post. I have never really believed in diets because so many people I see that go on them deprive themselves completely of the foods they enjoy, then end up binging later. I agree that learning how to eat better and eat in moderation is the way to go. Thanks for your wisdom!

~Joy

Anonymous May 15, 2010 at 9:56 PM  

This is wonderful and encouraging. Your blog not only tells us to change our mind set about food that the media has created, you've given us the tools to to acchomplish your healthy eating goals. The BMI is one tool and reading labels is a great start. Thank you for all your help and for sharing your knowelege with us love you XOXOXO

love Crystal Delco

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP